Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Remembering Gramps

I can't believe it's been a year since I lost my grandpa. I miss him sooo much. It was a year ago this last Saturday and yet it feels like yesterday I was sitting next to him listening to one of his stories. I would give anything to hear his great deep voice again. Or hold his enormous hand. Comb his hair. Make him a peanut butter sandwich. Help him transfer from his wheelchair to his giant recliner. Drive him to the ocean. Anything...just to see him one more day...just for a moment.
Thanks to what Jesus did on the cross for our sins, I know I will see him again some day...until then, I can only look at pictures and remember that wonderful man...my Gramps.
Sorry for the sad post, but this was one of the greatest men who ever lived and I just needed to share it.

4 comments:

Bogart said...

It has been a long year...what I wouldn't give to have him meet Claire...to hear his thoughts on issues in my life...to eat one last apple fritter with him.

carolyn said...

When we lose someone close to us it really makes us take a step back and cherish all of the people in our lives. How amazing it will be to one day see them again...

Diana said...

Friday is the year anniversary of Neal's mom's passing, and she's been on my mind so much. She wasn't my mother-in-law, she was my 2nd mom, and she was the best. I think about how she used to make Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday just so I wouldn't have to be conflicted with my family. I miss her a lot too, but your post isn't sad, because we grieve, but we grieve with hope.
Lucky Jesus, hanging with Mary and Gramps!

LuLu (a.k.a. Cyndi) said...

He was such a sweet Man, he just seemed so gentle spirited. I am so thankful for the Hope we have in Jesus. And the fact that we can trust that his plan is the best for us, even when we can't see it!