Thursday, September 4, 2008

Teaching the "Golden Rule"

The other day Reagan was taking a bath. I had my back to her for a minute and when I looked at her she had something in her mouth.
Mommy - "What's in your mouth Reagan?"
Reagan - "Poop"
Mommy - "POOP!!??"
Reagan - "yeah"
After freaking out a little, I realized what it really was. She had pulled a piece of caulking off of the drain and was sucking on it. So I used this opportunity to teach her the "Golden Rule"
Mommy - "Reagan, take it out of your mouth please."
Reagan - "yummy"
Mommy - "Reagan, that isn't poop, but we NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER eat poop! Poop NEVER, NEVER goes in your mouth! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER eat poop! okay??!!"
Reagan - yeah
Golden Rule = NEVER EAT POOP!
**************************************************
Same bath, different "meal". She was pretending to eat with her little plastic spoon and gave me bites too.
Mommy - "what are we eating?"
Reagan - "soup"
Mommy - "mmmmm, it's yummy. What's in the soup?"
Reagan - "Bacon"
Mommy - "Bacon? oh, yummy. what else?"
Reagan - "Waffers (waffles).....noodis (noodles)"
Mommy - "oh yummy."
So we dined on bacon waffle noodle soup...mmmmmm, I love 2 year old cuisine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Reagan we'd love to have some of her soup too!

Ken and Judy Davis said...

Reagan Joy is the new Rachel Ray!