Wednesday, November 5, 2008

lots to catch up on

Wow, it's been almost a month! Time is just flying too fast!
Samuel is graduating from high school now...we are so proud of him. Of course I'm kidding...

Here is the month in 15 seconds:
-Brock's mom came to visit from VA, had a GREAT time.
-multiple visits to Disneyland
-Reagan fought off cellulitis...twice.
-Sam has two teeth
-Halloween = 1 skunk and 1 penguin
-Sam fell (more like flipped) down 6 stairs...his mother almost had a heart attack! (he's perfectly fine)
-Reagan calls us by our first names...or she calls us "babe"!
-Sam says "da da da" and "ma ma ma" and "duba duba duba"...oh, and he has learned how to scream...louder than any girl I know!
-Reagan has had the flu
-Sam stands up a lot...not quite cruising yet though.
-and we have a new president and have witnessed a truly historic election.
I'm sure I've missed something, but I think all the big things were covered...

Just a couple quick stories:

1-you know you use your voice commands on your headset for your cell phone a lot when your two and a half year old quite often says, "Call dad, mobile....yes." it's really funny!

2-Disneyland is MAGIC! I went with the kids and my mom and grandma and we were sitting down to have corndogs (best on the planet...and biggest!) and we saw Mary Poppins and Bert signing autographs and taking pictures. My grandma simply said her dress was lovely and she would love to take a picture with her. I told my grandma that the line was really long (they always are to see the characters) and that maybe we would try to catch her next time. We were sitting where they pass by to leave Main Street and they walked by and were gone. My grandma said once more how she would have loved to have taken a picture with her. Not loudly, no one was around (we were sort of in the back), just voicing her wishes. Well, they were gone for about 2 minutes when all of a sudden they reappeared and headed straight for us! Mary Poppins said to my grandma, in an English accent of course, "I love your hat (she had a big red hat on) and I simply must have a picture with you." I was sitting there with my mouth open stunned because we didn't ask or tell anyone to have them come back...Disneyland is MAGIC!!! (I think they listen) We took pictures and then they went back to "the back". They came out just for her! After they left, I sat there staring at the buildings looking for the microphones!!

3-When I went to vote, I was putting Reagan into the stroller and she asked to play in the rain (it had been raining). I said, "no, Mommy has to go vote right now." She got a big smile on her face, and said, "yeah, vote...Obama?" I simply laughed and said, "NO-bama baby." Walking in I hoped she wouldn't say it out loud again...who knew today he'd be our next president. (As with past posts, this in NO WAY says who I voted for for president)

Here are lots of pictures to catch you up on our ever-growing, changing, amazing kids!


pictures from Halloween will be on the next post...I have to get the pictures off of the camara, and quite frankly, I just don't have the patience to sit here any longer.
Love to you all! Thanks for your patience in waiting for this late post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Granny looked stunning in her red outfit and hat. D-land employees and characters really make the place seem magical. I loved all the pics...brought back such warm memories of my short visit. I can't wait to do it again. Great update, Esther. Thanks for taking the time to post. Much love and prayers, MamaBea